Friday, April 6, 2007

Easter Break

Today (April 5) is the start of Keet's Easter break. School would resume on the 16th of this month. I must say that she's so excited with having an "eleven day week-end".

Last Saturday, Keet and Hugbun were helping some of our neighbors cleaned and picked up litters in our neighborhood. When they finally got home, they surprised me by bringing the stray cat/kitten in the house that we all found very cute. I've told them in passing that I'm tempted to bring the kitten inside but is just afraid what would happen as we already have two, Cleo and Tugger. I shouldn't have worried, all three got along just fine. I mean there are some few hisses and yeowling but no serious cat fights at all. We named him Gandalf, because he has this cute white fur under his chin going down to his chest that looks like Gandalf's (LOTR) beard ;-).

Meet Gandalf the cat...

After all the excitement with Gandalf, we all went to the grocery store to buy our groceries for the month. This is a family affair as I just can't do it by myself during the week with all these much stuff to buy. That's just too much hauling for dear old me. We don't want a cranky Senn in the house at all, do we? As I've said before in my previous journal, I have to see if we could save some dough this way.
Hugbun went to the opening season of the baseball game last Monday. A birthday present from one of his friends. Having the stadium conveniently close to a subway stop is so easy for Hugbun to just kick off and catch the train from his workplace to the stadium. They're building a new stadium for the team, but the new one would still be very convenient for him. It would be finished for next year's season, so this is their last year at RFK. As it was the opening of the baseball season, Hugbun took the whole day off. Too bad our team lost though. Doesn't matter, as Hugbun was all smile and looked so relaxed when I picked him up later at the subway.
Well, what do you know. Hugbun went to see baseball again last Wednesday. This time our team won. GO NATS!

No comments: