Thursday, April 12, 2007

Easter Week And Goings On

Keet went with Hugbun to the Ellington meeting (Jazz society...where he's the president) to listen to dad's program presentation, (every meeting a member has to present a program related to Ellington's music) last Saturday. They meet every first Saturday of the month but for the summer. Keet enjoyed dad's presentation and socializing with the other members. She even received an award for her newsletter contributions (stuffing them in the envelopes). Actually this is also part of her school service hours. She needs 80 hours of service (community and disadvantage) to graduate high school... a requirement. Anyway they both had fun at the meeting. Some members couldn't believe how fast she grew.

EASTER SUNDAY - After the Easter Sunday mass, Keet and Hugbun went to DC to watched baseball. You might ask, where is old me in all these happenings (music meeting, baseball)? Home! Where its nice, warm and toasty. The temperature lately is not comfortable with this tropical girl. We all went to attend the Easter mass though (every Sunday mass for that matter). The plan would have been to have our Easter dinner on Monday, as it would be late after baseball. But I didn't go anyway, so I made dinner. Our Easter dinner tradition is fresh ham.





Easter dinner...

Keet did her disadvantage service hours on Wednesday and yesterday. I felt a little nervous when I dropped her off the first day in Sacred Heart Home (nursing home) as this would be her first time volunteering. I was anxious when I picked her up later in the afternoon, but she loved it! She even told me that when she grows old she would live in a nursing home ;-).
Finally, the two balikbayan boxes are out of my hair. I called yesterday to have someone picked up the boxes, and someone came in this morning. I'm still waiting for FedEx though. Today would be their 3rd attempt to deliver an item we ordered (needs a signature). I missed the first attempt by 30 minutes the other day when I stopped by the grocery store after dropping Keet off. Yesterday, I waited the whole morning but nobody came. I thought to myself, I bet later in the afternoon when I pick Keet, someone would come. Sure enough, when Keet and I arrived later, a tag was on the door knob, saying this is the 2nd attempt, blah, blah, blah. Missed it less than an hour. Was that Murphy's law or what! Grrrrr.
Update.......yehey, finally after 2 days of cat and mouse game, FedEx and I are able to "connect". As I am writing this blog, there is a knock on the door, and lo and behold...FedEx!!!!

No comments: