Tuesday, August 8, 2006

December 1991---America Here I Come

Nineteen ninety one was a crazy year for me. What a hectic year that was. Hugbun came in the Philippines on June 12 for our meeting. The next day June 13 we were engaged! By June 21 we were married.

Hugbun left for the U.S. on June 26. I was left in the Philippines to wait for my visa, but not for long because by December of that year I was in the U.S.

I arrived in the U.S. during winter and that was a shock to my system. I thought that winter cold is just like an air conditioned room... or whatever, but boy was I wrong!!! The first thing I noticed when I arrived in the U.S., was how clean everything were, the streets, buildings etc.

We were back in the Philippines a lot of times ever since. Our last trip was last June-July of this year.

No comments: